Theodore Seuss Geisel was born on this day, March 2nd, in 1904. In his 87 years, Dr. Seuss imparted tremendous wit and wisdom. Here are 10 Dr. Seuss quotes that the world needs now. Enjoy!
- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” – The Lorax
- “I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” – I Had Trouble in getting to Solla Sellew
- “I know, up on top you are seeing great sights, but down here at the bottom we, too, should have rights.” – Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories
- You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you’re lucky you’re not! ― Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?
- “I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.” – The Lorax
- “The more you read, the more things you will know.” – I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!
- “A person’s a person, no matter how small.”- Horton Hears a Who
- “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.” – Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
- “And the turtles, of course…all the turtles are FREE. As turtles, and maybe, ALL creatures should be.” – Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories
- “Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!” – Happy Birthday to You
What are your favorite Dr. Seuss quotes?